How often do you have auctions?
We have six auctions per year scheduled in January, March, May, July, September and November. We occasionally will have an additional Showcase Sale when consignments allow (announced at least two months in advance).
During the months of February, April, June, August, October and December we also close our Silent Bid Board auctions with about 1100 items at our location. Because of the nature of these sales we do not publish the material nor do we accept bids on the phone or mail. Stop in to view the latest Bid Board and place bids.
How do I login to bid?
You can log in directly at www.stampauctionnetwork.com then visit the home page and click on the link to our current sale under “Closing Soon” to view the catalog listing and place bids.
You can go to our website www.dutchcountryauctions.com and click on the Auctions tab. The current auction will be listed first and there will be a red link that reads “Submit Bids and View Full Auction Listing on Stamp Auction Network.” This will direct you to the index page of our sale hosted at Stamp Auction Network. You can then log in at the top.
When are catalogs available online
Catalog production for the next sale takes several weeks and the process is started before the close of the current sale.
Generally catalogs are mailed out 3-4 weeks before the sale date. However we try to post the sale to the website about 4-5 weeks before the sale date. Watch for emails sent from Stamp Auction Network announcing upcoming sales.
Can I order a copy of your auction catalog?
We would be happy to send you a copy of our auction catalog. You can request one at our website by scrolling to the bottom of any page and clicking on “Contact.” You may also call, email or mail us your request.
We are also happy to help conserve paper and mark your account as “Green” if you prefer to view the catalog online for each sale.
I have not received my catalog and the sale is coming up, what do I do?
Although we send catalogs out several weeks in advance, mail service can vary from location to location. Our catalog is always available online at www.dutchcountryauctions.com by clicking on the “Auctions” tab. You may also call us and we can verify your information and send another copy if necessary.
When are lots open for inspection?
Lots are generally open for inspection approximately 4 weeks before the sale date. We strive to have the lots open the Friday before the current Bid Board date, however there are some cycles that we are not able to do this due to holidays etc. Lots are open for inspection up until 30 minutes before the start of the sale on Friday and Saturday.
The opening date for inspection of lots is always listed on the back cover of our catalog in the Announcements box.
Are all lots photographed?
We are unable to photograph all of the lots in our sales. However we try our best to include as many items as possible. Some lots have Web Only or Additional Web Only photos which can be viewed by going to viewing the current auction listing on our website.
Can I requests scans or additional information about the lot?
We would be happy to provide additional details or scans, as much as practical at least (10) days before the sale date.
Auction agents are also available to provide in depth information. Arrangements can be made directly with the agent. Agent information can be found in the following FAQ listing.
How do I contact an auction agent?
If you desire the services of an agent, we suggest:
J.F. Gates Clarke, Jr., 2610 Belaire Drive, Wilmington, DE 19808
J. Reeves & Company, PO Box 407, Huntingdon, PA 16652
Phone: 814-599-9546 Fax: 814-643-0866 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I find opening bids for the current sale?
Opening bids are available on our website www.dutchcountryauctions.com by clicking on the “Auctions” tab and the link in red to “Submit Bids Online and View Full Auction Listing on Stamp Auction Network.” This will direct you to the Stamp Auction Network index page of our current sale. You can view opening bids lot by lot or by clicking on the “Openings” tab at the top of the page.
Opening Bids are also available on the phone Tuesday-Saturday the week of the auction.
What are the bidding increments?
up to $30.00 $1.00 $30.00 up to $70.00 $2.00 $70.00 up to $150.00 $5.00
$150.00 up to $300.00 $10.00
$300.00 up to $1000.00 $25.00 $1000.00 up to $3000.00 $50.00 $3000.00 up to $7000.00 $100.00 $7000.00 up to $10,000.00 $200.00 $10,000.00 up to $15,000.00 $500.00 And So On Appropriately
Can I control how much I spend at the auction?
A limit can be placed on the total of your bids to allow you to control your spending. This can be indicated when calling in your bids or when placing bids online by clicking on “Bid/Pay Terms” tab at the top to include your limit, select Tie Breaker options etc.
I forgot what I bid on in the current sale, what do I do?
Visit www.stampauctionnetwork.com and log in. Click on the link for our current sale. Click on the “My Bids” tab at the top to view the bids that you have entered for the current sale.
You can also click on the “Bids for All Sales” tab to view all of the bids you have placed for recent sales with us.
What are your commissions?
We charge a 15% buyers commission.
Are there any additional fees?
Shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. Charges are based on the weight of the package. Dutch Country Auctions will ship material the least expensive method unless the customer has a shipping provider preference on file. A handling fee of 1.50 is added to each shipment.
Accounts are considered overdue after 30 days and a late charge of 2% per month (minimum of 30.00) will be assessed.
How can I find prices realized for the current sale?
Prices realized are available in several places including the “Auctions” tab on our website www.dutchcountryauctions.com.
Prices Realized are also available on www.stampauctionnetwork.com immediately after the sale by clicking on the sale link and viewing the realized prices lot by lot or from the Stamp Auction Network home page under the listings Prices Realized and/or Closed Auctions by clicking on the link then clicking the “Realizations” tab at the top.
How can I find prices realized for a past sale?
You can view past archived Prices Realized on our website www.dutchcountryaucations.com at the “Auctions” tab and then view the auction listing for each sale.
How can I check to see what I won at auction?
Successful bids can be found on our website at www.dutchcountryauctions.com by clicking on the “Auctions” tab, click on the auction listing then scroll down to enter your bidder number in the search box.
**If you do not know your Bidder/Customer number you can give us a call and we will verify the information for you.
We will email invoices to all successful bidders the week following auction.
What are your Terms & Conditions?
View our Auction Terms and Conditions here.
How can I pay for purchases?
We accept payments in the form of cash, check, money order, credit cards (including MC, Visa & Discover) and via Wire Transfer. All payments are in U.S. Dollars.
Payment by credit card will be subject to a 2% service charge.
We will be happy to keep your credit card information on file for automatic payments per your request. This information will be kept confidential and securely stored.
Can I make a wire transfer?
Contact us for more information about completing a wire transfer.
Appraisals And Consignments
What types of material do you buy and sell?
We are always looking for material for consignments. Material typically falls into one of the following categories, however feel free to contact us if you have something out of the ordinary, we will be happy to assist you or guide you to the appropriate person.
COLLECTIONS – U.S., Foreign, Topical, Etc.
ACCUMULATIONS – Stock Remainders, Loose, Odds & Ends, You Name It!
SINGLE ITEMS – U.S. & Worldwide, Classics, Mint & Used, Airmail, B-O-B, Blocks, Plates, Oddities, Etc.
COVERS – U.S. & Foreign, Individual, Collections & Accumulations, 1st Days, Postal History, Stationery, Flights, Events, Navals, Patriotics, Etc.
BULK/WHOLESALE – Dealer Lots, Quantities of a Kind, Sheets, Postage Lots, Etc.
LITERATURE/SUPPLIES – Reference Books, Usable Albums, Binders, Supplies, Etc.
AMERICANA/HISTORICAL/SPORTS CARDS – Fair-Expo Material, Picture Postcards, Old Letters, War Items, Stock Certificates, Political Documents, Cinderellas, Labels, Trade Cards, Baseball Cards & Related
NUMISMATIC MATERIAL – Gold, Silver, Type Coins, Proof & Mint Sets, Commemoratives, Tokens, Medals, Exonumia, Paper Money, Accumulations, Single Items U.S. & Worldwide!
How can I sell my material?
We offer a confidential appraisal made by our professional and bonded staff supported by an outright purchase offer as well as an auction estimate if you wished to consign your material to one of our auctions. We hold auctions at least every two months and consigned material must be submitted at least two months prior to the auction to allow for catalog production time.
How do I get my material to you?
You can bring the material into our store located at 4115 Concord Pike, Wilmington DE, 19803 anytime during our hours to drop off your material for evaluation. Please call to schedule an appointment if you wish to meet with an appraiser while you are at the store.
To ship your material to us we generally suggest using UPS for bulky shipments. We can also assist with carrier pickups for very large shipments. Feel free to contact with any questions concerning your shipment.
From time to time we are also able to do on-site appraisals depending upon location and scheduling. Please call us to arrange this service.
What happens when my material arrives?
Once your material arrives to us, a receipt is sent to you confirming that it has been received. We ask for about 14-21 days to complete the appraisal process. After that time a staff person will contact you to discuss both the outright sale option as well as our estimate for auction.
What are your commissions?
Seller’s commission is based on a sliding scale. Please contact us for more information.
Are there any additional consignment fees?
Please review a sample copy of our auction contract here for additional fee information.
When do I get paid for my material?
If you opt for the outright purchase option a check will be sent immediately.
Auction consignors are paid 45 business days after the date of the sale.
Bid Board (Coins & Currency)
What is bid board?
It’s like a silent auction.
- Bid Board Auction is a silent coin/currency auction, featuring 308 lots, held 6 times each year
- Customers consign numismatic items affixed to a “Bid Board Lot Card” and posted on a large bulletin board in Dutch Country Auctions/The Stamp Center (DCA/SC) for a scheduled time period of two months
- During this period, anyone registered with a DCA/SC bidder number may place bids
- Bids may be entered as often as desired up until the cut-off time
- The highest bidder at the cut-off time is the winning bidder!
What are the rules for consigning a material?
- You must be a registered customer with Dutch Country Auctions
- All items (COINS/CURRENCY) must be accurately described and affixed on a Bid Board Lot card in a manner that allows easy inspection – FRONT & BACK viewable
- Reasonable reserves are suggested
- A seller’s fee of 12% (min. 45¢) is charged for all lots sold. No fee for unsold lots
- Consigners will be notified of any unsold lots. They may be relisted or returned per consigner’s request
- Settlement is made at each Bid Board closing for lots sold and paid for from the previous Bid Board Auction. Proceeds for the lots sold and paid for along with unsold items are held for consignor pick-up the Friday before the next Bid Board auction date
- A consignor may make arrangements for proceeds and unsold lots to be shipped. Shipping and handling expenses will be applied. Contact store to make arrangements
- DCA/SC reserves the right to refuse any lot or limit the number of lots from a consignor. Items of small lot value, poor quality, incorrectly affixed or described with unrealistic reserves will be returned
- All material is fully insured for the reserve amount, but any claims for lost or damaged items must be made within one year of consignment date and supported by a receipt
- Success of the Bid Board Auction depends greatly on YOU. Please consider participating. It’s a great way to earn extra cash $$!
What are the rules for bidding?
- To participate as a bidder requires advance registration and issuance of a DCA/SC bidder number. Individuals under 18 must be registered by an adult
- Bidders are responsible to use correct bidding increments (see below)
- DCA/SC is not responsible for misdescribed/misgraded items as ALL lots are consignor graded and described, therefore, PLEASE INSPECT before you bid as ALL LOTS are sold AS IS with NO returns!
- The buyer pays 15% commission over the selling price
- Buyers not present during the auction will be notified of their winning lots the following week via email, snail mail or phone
- Lots must be picked up and paid for within 30 days or lots will be forfeited and returned to the consignor or relisted per consigner request
- A bidder may make arrangements for lots to be shipped. Shipping and handling expenses will be applied. Contact store to make arrangements
- Telephone and mail bids ARE NOT PERMITTED
- Purchases made by credit card are subject to a 2% service charge
Minimum $1 or Reserve
$ 1.00 up to $ 5.00 $0.25 $ 5.00 up to $ 10.00 $0.50 $ 10.00 up to $ 30.00 $1.00 $ 30.00 up to $ 70.00 $2.00 $ 70.00 up to $ 150.00 $5.00
COIN/CURRENCY BID BOARD AUCTION 2019 SCHEDULE
Auction Date Bidding Closing Bell 02/9/19 12:00 PM 04/6/19 12:00 PM 06/8/19 12:00 PM 08/10/19 12:00 PM 9/28/19 12:00 PM 12/14/19 12:00 PM
What is a Buy It Now Board ?
• All items (STAMPS) available for IMMEDIATE sale
• New items monthly – 1st of the month and empty spots will be filled in as items are purchased
• Not arranged in Scott order – take your time browsing
• Price as marked – NO BIDDING REQUIRED
• Each additional month that the item is on the board it will be discounted an additional 10% until the max discount of 50% off is reached.
• Remove the item from the board and replace the pin
• Pay at counter – price + 15%
Buy It Now Stamp Board